Pages

9.10.11

Thankfully, 2011 is almost over.

     Where to begin? 

     I guess I -could- start with the basics. Who necessarily needs to know the basics though? The bare boned facts of the person at which you are reading about, does it really matter? I suppose so, if I want to have a connection with you, my (potential) readers. Unless, of course, you choose to read me simply because of my dry wit and sarcastic humor... Then by all means! Anyway...

     I am Evette. Twenty-eight years old (it doesn't seem quite that close to thirty if it is written out. Numbers never seem as big to me written out, then they do in numerical form). I have two roommates, a mother and daughter. We've 2 cats, one is mine and one is theirs, and a dog which is theirs. I am an only child, however I do have several step siblings (more about that later). 

     Basics aside, I am a simple girl. Unfortunately for me, I prefer solitude rather than being in the midst of excitement. This is a very odd characteristic for someone looking to move to the Bay Area in a few years. I currently live on the East Coast, New Jersey to be exact. I'm finding that there is nothing here for me. It is time that I pick up my things and try life out on the west coast. Yes I am fully aware that the grass isn't always greener on the other side, but can it really be any muddier than it is here? I certainly hope not.


     The single person that was keeping me here, passed away in November of last year. The loss of my mother is still a hard pill to swallow. Sometimes it feels like she had passed only yesterday, and not nearly a year ago. She passed away at the ripe young age of 46. She had heart surgery in the "best heart hospital" in NJ, and she died. Needless to say, I hold great resentment to that hospital for my loss... and her primary care physician who did not diagnose her with heart disease. THAT is a long story and I don't want to make this whole first "Hi this is me!" post about my mother. I'm sure that there will be other posts about the situation further down the road.

     I do not have a good relationship with my father. He is in my life, of course, but it is strained at best. I don't know how else to explain our relationship. Neither try and communicate with the other. I'm sure he will say that it is my fault, the same as I will say it is his. In reality, it is both of our faults. I think my adult life has consisted of phone tag or short and generic conversations with him. I am very much like him when it comes to opening up and talking. We just do not talk to people, much less each other. That perhaps is our downfall...? Who knows. He remarried to a woman, and that is where I now have 3 step siblings. All of which I do not talk to. I thought I was close to the eldest step sister, but alas, she turned out to be the wicked step sister. It doesn't matter because I am a firm believer that karma will make her pay for the wrong doings she has done. 


      After working for the same company for almost nine years, I am now unemployed. The workplace decided that I could no longer handle the job (the same job I have been doing for six years). I call bullshit, but it is what it is. This is where the karma comes into play. Of course, I was very upset when they told me. Who wouldn't be? Especially when you had no warning nor any conference or meeting to tell me to change my performance or attitude. Since NJ is an at-will state, they basically -can- fire a worker for no reason. Anyhow, the main point is, I am glad--elated--that I am not working there now. That job had become a big stresser, but now... I've got a whole new set of stressers. 

      While I am not working, I can focus on my school work. Yes, after ten years of being out of school, I have decided to go back to school and get my degree. I initially wanted to do human services. At the time, I was tired of how my then employer was treating me and my co-workers. My HR lady inspired me to go into HR... However at the time I wasn't aware of how much extra stress that would bring on. My friend had talked me into going into hospitality management. I thought about it, and I was toying with the idea of one day opening a bed and breakfast. Thus, I had decided on my degree. Hospitality Management it is. 

      With being unemployed, my future plans may have to be on hold. Granted I do not plan to move out there for a good four to seven years, but I would still like to start saving. This year seems to be one downfall after another. From trying to find a lawyer to take my mothers case, to being fired and everything else in between... Sometimes I feel like I am grasping at straws. 
The purpose of this blog is for me to have an outlet. Maybe someone who is in a position like myself or have been, would stumble upon this little old blog of mine and be able to offer advice. Perhaps it could also work the other way around. That is the joy of the internet I suppose. To have the ability to reach out and touch others lives... Or even be spectators.

      And for now, I bid you good night. 
      Sleep sweet world...

2 comments:

Dessiree Lynette said...

Wow. For some reason, I didn't know you had lost your job. I'm sorry. I know that would suck after all you've been dealing with. I hope this blog will work as an outlet for you, and you'll be able to de-stress and get some clarity. <3 you!

Making Lemonade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment