Pages

24.10.11

For Thought...

     I have always cooked processed foods. Dehydrated potatoes, boxed macaroni and cheese, noodles and rice that have the seasonings in them already. The only thing that I cooked from "scratch" was the meat (baking doesn't count, does it?). Even the vegetables were from a package or a can. I think (probably it is) this is the reason why I am over weight. While these things are more economical, realistically... What is is costing me in the long run? I'm not getting proper nutrition, I know this. Before, I ate this way because it was cheap and convenient. Isn't that why a lot of people eat processed and pre-cooked frozen foods? 


     Maybe I will turn this into a cooking blog, like so many others that are out there. I still haven't decided on the direction I will take this. We will see.

1 comments:

Dessiree Lynette said...

If you haven't already, you should watch the documentary Food Inc. In the long run you're paying a much larger price eating the processed food because of inevitable health care costs and shorter lifespan. It's literally taking years off your life. I wish fresh foods were cheaper, because I prefer their taste hands down. I'll take a fresh, raw vegetable, over a canned or frozen one any day!

Post a Comment